For Sunday’s St. Louis Earth Day event in Forest Park, one of the sponsors was Schlafly. This local leader in sustainability:
- Emphasizes local sourcing for its restaurants, and was the 1st member of the Green Dining Alliance started in late 2011, with a 4-star rating
- Grows some of their own food at Schlafly Gardenworks
- Hosts a Farmers Market
- Renovated two abandoned buildings for the Schlafly Tap Room and Schlafly Bottleworks
- Earned grants for a pilot composting project
- Charter supporter of Ameren’s Pure Power renewable energy program
- Uses energy-efficient heating, ventilation and air-conditioning units
- Hosts and supports many local sustainability organizations, such as St.Louis Earth Day, Slow Food St.Louis, BUILD St.Louis (Businesses United for Independent Local Development) and St.Louis Originals.
Learn more! And eat local!
Entry filed under: Business Spotlight. Tags: .